In partnership with Artswork.
Sam Cairns Associates has been appointed to manage the Transition Programme. Sam is Co-Director of the Cultural Learning Alliance and is an active member of Hampshire CEP. Sam is expertly placed to support Southampton CEP (SCEP) on its Transition journey.
The Transition investment, in partnership with Artswork, will enable the SCEP to implement a process of structural change to ensure that the partnership embeds the voice of children and young people in its work, has sustainable cross-sector engagement and strengthens its capacity. It will ensure SCEP members are better placed to collectively and successfully respond to future opportunities through increased targeting and awareness of what members can offer. The programme will evolve the leadership and governance of the SCEP and enhance its resilience and long term future in delivering a Strategic Action Plan for cultural education in Southampton, in alignment with local priorities.
Needs Analysis: Southampton children and young People and cultural sector post-Covid
December 2021 to March 2022
- Desk research (December to January)
- Consultation: CEP members, cultural stakeholders, children’s services, schools, stronger communities team, health & wellbeing commissioners (January-February)
- Report: needs analysis, preliminary options for future CEP governance and management structure, draft transition principles for CEP members (March)
Cultural Capital and Recovery Curriculum training
February to May 2022
- Online workshop to share information and case studies from schools (February)
- Working group to support members to develop programmes and work with schools (March to May)
Young Board members: training and support for organisations to recruit
April to October 2022
- Online workshop run by young people with case studies and key information (April)
- Working group to provide support to work through individual governance and practical issues (May to October)
Health and wellbeing: training and support for CEP members to embed in their offer
May to November 2022
- Event (online workshop) with case studies and Q&A from health & wellbeing commissioners on what they need from cultural organisations (May)
- Working group to provide support and help with shaping offer to commissioners or put in bids (June to November)
Strategic Action Plan
September to December 2022
- Develop new Strategic Action Plan and CEP Partnership Agreement (MOU) that is aligned with local priorities and contexts, and details plans for future long-term viability.
Opportunities for SCEP members to contribute to the Transition will be published via our mailing list.
To join the SCEP mailing list, please email your name, role and organisation to firstname.lastname@example.org.